The project must change workflows for several request types. New workflows prepared. What is the recommended workflow replacement method?
When I have to do this I normally sit with the project lead or someone that knows the most about the workflows new and old and have them assist or pre-map the statuses between the two workflows.
When you publish the new workflows the program will ask you to map the old statuses to the new ones and then do a bulk update. I also try to schedule this change with the impacted people to minimize the impact to users.
What would be the recommended scenario? Do you recommend creating a new workflow schema with the new workflows and then replacing the existing schema with the new one?I am also a project lead.
I would recommend creating a new workflow. You could create a new schema but I would do that if you couldn't add just the new workflow to the issue type in your project.
Basically, the steps I would take is:
Thanks. I'll try to make the replacement this way.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.