Hey fellow Jira heroes (or maybe Jiroes? đ),
we are using a Jira project as a project template with many "standard" tickets that we need in all projects. We use the app "Deep Clone" to clone the epics and issues into new projects and that works quite well. Now I introduced a few "placeholder" jira users in our project template (developer, reviewer) to quickly assign the cloned issues in one go once we have decided on the person that will take that role in the project. I can use JQL and bulk edit to replace the assignee, reporter or reviewer (custom user field), but I did not find a solution that allows me to replace my "placeholder" user with a real user that will fill that role. Example: The "reviewer placeholder" is assignee, reporter or reviewer in some of the tickets, so I would need to run a few bulk edits. Not the end of the world, but maybe there is a better way.
A quick search did not find any apps or tools that would allow me to do such replacement. Do you know a way to achieve a direct replacement of users in a JQL query or project in all user fields? I could use it for our template issues or for example when a new intern takes over from another one.
Â
Cheers and thanks for your help
Jonas