Hi,
I am using Bitbucket and Sourcetree with a number of students. I found that connecting Sourcetree to Bitbucket on a Mac extremely easy and it worked 100%. Windows however was another story.
A couple of students ended up getting this ridiculous credential 'helper' with about 12 options, none of which made any sense at all. I've attached an image of a version of this dialog.
I believe the issue is oAuth was perhaps not connected. However everything seemed to be correct: We granted access to Sourcetree, the user was logged on, the remote URL was correct. It would try to clone but just give us a progress bar animation that was clearly doing nothing. Seemingly it created the .git folder but fetched no files.
There was no real error. It just hung there seemingly cloning OR the credential helper box kept coming up. We tried most if not all the options in the helper dialog, however none of them would have made any sense to any normal person. You might want to look at that from a UX point of view.
I did actually get it working on 2 or 3 windows machines, however the one that got stuck gave us no clue as to what was going on apart from the dialog
Many thanks
Pete..