I have an issue type for a "test scenario" with one of the fields "epic link". Searching for issues, i want the epic number instead of the epic link description. How can i accomplish this?
Hello @Pankaj
Welcome to the community.
The search results will show the Epic Name rather than the Epic issue ID for child stories of an Epic. That cannot be changed unfortunately.
If you must see the Epic issue ID in the search results output on the screen, you might consider creating a custom field and copying the Epic Link value to it. I haven't actually tried that so I'm not positive that it would work.
Alternately, you can export the search results, and in the exported data it will show the Epic issue ID rather than the name.
HI Pankaj - can you share an example of what you see now and what you would like to see? I am not sure what values you are thinking of. The Epic Link is the key of the Epic attached to the child.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.