I am using Intellij 2021.1, although this issue appears when attempt to execute git from the command line. The error message is:
remote: Too many invalid password attempts. Log in at https://id.atlassian.com/ to restore access.fatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx-dev.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403
This issues appears to be a rather old issue and the various suggested workarounds do not solve my problem. Any help is appreciated.
Apple MacOs Catalina 10.15.7
Hi @William Hooper ,
this seems to me like a problem with authorization. Did you store some credentials to Intellij? Did you try to login to id.atlassian.com using these credentials? Thank you.
I removed the credentials that Intellij had saved and removed credentials saved in Keychain. I also deleted .gitconfig from my home directory. If I were to attempt a clone from the console I would encounter the same error so I am not convinced this is directly an Intellij issue.
I do think I have created a workaround. I created an App Password and that is working. I still cannot use my account password though without encountering this error.
Thanks. Are you able to log in directly to your Atlassian account using this email and password?
I can log into my Atlassian account from their websites without any issues.
The answer is to switch AWAY from Atlassian and use a reliable solution. Its UNREAL that they would move to this auth method SO LONG AGO and still have issues.
Useless response. So what is a reliable solution or do you just like go around complaining.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.