Hello,
I'm a Jira Administrator on a Jira Software 8.0.2 using Server License, but for the last couple of months I've been unable to delete empty Jira Release versions from Jira project.
There are no issues assigned or affected by these versions, but when I try to delete it, a spinning wheel appears that remains stuck even for hours. If I refresh the page, the delete action is not taken and the version remains.
Steps:
- Go to a software project -> Project Settings -> Versions page
- Select blank release
- Select 3 dots for Actions > delete
- page is stuck with a spinning wheel.
- press F5
- release is not deleted, no error message appears.
in 95% of cases this is the behavior when trying to delete the version. in the remaining 5% of cases I am able to delete the same version in the same project without any issue instantaneously.
Any clues why this is happening ? Any workaround is highly appreciated.
Thank you!