I intend to move to OnDemand, and therefore at the same time upgrade to the latest Confluence (and Jira).
To practice moving our Wiki pages I installed 4.2 locally and imported the backup generated from our 3.3 instance.
It seemed to go smoothly, but the formatting has not been respecting in the copy.
For example, I have a shopping list page in the old one where the markup looks like:
*{+}Pending{+}*
* hefty Torch (small one already purchased)
In 3.3 this gets displayed as expected (Pending is bold underlined, "hefty Torch.." is a bullet point)
When restored into 4.2, the page displays as:
"*{+}Pending{+}* * hefty Torch (small one already purchased)"
i.e. it is displaying the markup rather than parsing it as formatting instructions.
Is there some backup or restore option I am missing?
Additional information that may be useful. If I find the content in the entities.xml from the backup zip it looks like:
<object class="BodyContent" package="com.atlassian.confluence.core">
<id name="id">753671</id>
<property name="body"><![CDATA[*{+}Pending{+}*
* hefty Torch (small one already purchased)]]></property>
<property name="content" class="Page" package="com.atlassian.confluence.pages"><id name="id">688136</id>
</property>
</object>
Any help appreciated,
Dan