Automation for Jira version 7.2.8:
I am creating a rule to create 6 sub-task issue types when a Story issue-type is created.
I start with the Issue created trigger. The condition is If Issue Type equals Story.
Then a Create issue component is added. Its Project is set to Same Project, Issue type is Sub-task, and the Parent issue is the Trigger issue.
I then set the Summary and Labels field values. I have selected to set the Assignee and Priority fields to Copy from Trigger issue.
I repeat this for all 6 sub-tasks. I hit the Publish rule button and then enter the name of the rule and click the Turn it on button.
That's when I get the error Please select a valid project.
I get the same result if I change the Project selection to Same project as trigger or select the project from the list of projects.
It all seems correct & relatively simple.
Any ideas on what is wrong & where are most appreciated.