Mimecast is blocked some emails from JIRA:
Type10020
DescriptionIP Found in RBL
Informationspamcop.mimecast.org Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?192.174.81.121
Anyone else having the same issue?
Nope, spamcop is listing your email server, not an Atlassian one. You'll need to talk to spamcop about getting your email server off their spam list.
This is absolutely incorrect - the IP 192.174.81.121 is owned and used by Sparkpost, which it seems that some Atlassian email routes through - the SPF record for my business' instance includes %{i}._spf.sparkpostmail.com.
I'm having this issue now too. I'll be reaching out to our support to get them to follow up with challenging the spamcop blacklist.
Nope, you don't understand how it's working. But reaching out to your support is the right thing to do.
Would you mind explaining for anyone else who comes across this issue?
We have a Cloud instance that is in no way linked to any of our own on-prem servers. We suddenly started having emails being blocked or rejected by both our own filtering (Mimecast) and that of our customers.
The rejection messages are exactly as above - pointing to a spamcop block of 192.174.81.121.
This IP is not that of my email server (which isn't linked to our Atlassian instance anyway). I can almost guarantee it's not that of the OP's either. We don't use Sparkpost for any of our services - but Atlassian does.
In what way am I misunderstanding? And if I am, why then would reaching out to my support still be the solution?
As an update on the issue, the spamcop blacklist entry expired automatically and was removed.
Hi,
I found that this IP address in the past has been identified within certain mail block list services. However at this time it appears to have been removed from that list.
This IP is potentially in the range of addresses we designated in IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products for outbound email from our Cloud services. Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused. In the future, should you find this problem with another Atlassian address, I'd recommend creating a support case over in https://support.atlassian.com/contact/
If you're not a site-admin, or your a user of a free plan site only, then that contact form will redirect you to Community per our Support Offerings. You are still welcome to report these to Community as well, however our response time will certainly be slower here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.