I am in the process of setting up a JIRA project for my team . Whilst I get setup I need to circulate a template to the team so they can start populating and I can use it later to bulk upload all to JIRA. 2 questions on the columns for bulk upload:
1. assignee field - should the team be populating the username / full name / email address of an existing user in JIRA?
2. Plan to create the epic -> feature -> user story -> task hierarchy. I understand that i will need an issueID, issuetype column and for the linkages I will have to have multiple columns with outward links. These outward link columns i think need to be populated with the issue ID. but cause none of these have been created in JIRA how do I know which issue ID i should start with. Also, there are multiple resources who will work separately to populate the template and should not have clashing issue ID's. Do i pick a random issue ID say 10000 and assign to one team to start, and 30000 to another team ?
P.S there will be more columns than stated above such as summary, dates , etc. The ones stated above is where is confusion lies.