We have a sort of 'resolution document' that we create and attach to issues prior to closing them, but they are being done manually, and I'd like to make a plugin (action) that could:
- create a PDF (from a pre-defined form/template),
- plug certain custom values from the issue into form fields,
- construct a block of text using a Velocity template (and ideally allow editing before inserting into a PDF field), and then
- attach the resulting PDF to the issue.
(I've already constructed other plugins that build a similar text block from .vm file and allow editing, but one only puts the text into an issue field and another attaches it to the issue as a comment.)
I don't know how much of the above list is possible (without purchasing another add-on), or if there are any examples or guides that would instruct me on that process, but I'd appreciate any guidance or references available to facilitate this effort. Thanks.