I need to use JQL to find a custom field value to be the same in two different project issues?So project A issue drop down field value to = the value of project b issue drop down field value.I thought i did this without script runner before. Need assistance.
@Aaron Geister -
Try this out...
project in (xyz, abc) and <dropdown_field> in (common-value 1, common-value 2)
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Jira's JQL does not have "field 1 = field 2" operators, they're all "field 1 has <value>" type clauses.
To find out if two issues have the same value, you have to read through the results of "field = X" to find out if both issues are on the list.
But you can easily copy field values from one issue to another - have a look at the automation functions and maybe the marketplace for "copy field" functions.
But how can I compare that the value is = in both issues in the two different projects. I can query for the common value but I need to know they are the same on two different issues?
Here is what I got so far:project in ("projectA","projectB") AND "Clients[Dropdown]" in (common-value 1, common-value 2, common-value 3) AND project = projectA AND issuetype = "issuetype" AND status = Completed AND status changed BEFORE 14d
My issue is that I need to populate a value to show that one issue will equal another issue value to be the same from project A to project B.,
No, I haven't looked yet. I thought I would have to use script runner but in the past I thought I was able to do this without an add-on like script runner. I use script runner in my instance but I am working with a client and trying to configure a Jira automation to capture data to link issues and notify.I don't need to copy a field value, I just need to know if one fields value equal the same field value in two different issues in two different projects to link them together.
Did you have any luck with that?
No I never had luck with this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.