I am probably losing my mind but I remember logging into the web pages via a username and not my email. Of course its utterly broken atm. Did something recently change or do I need to go see a doctor?
I had the site admin add my email. WTF guys. not cool.
Hi @Justin Weiler ,
Login to Bitbucket website was possible with username until 2016, before we introduced Atlassian accounts (the ones for id.atlassian.com):
In 2016, we introduced Atlassian accounts to provide single login to different Atlassian Cloud products with the same account. Since that time, login to https://bitbucket.org/ is possible only with the primary email of the Bitbucket account (which is also the email of the linked Atlassian account). It is no longer possible to log in with username or with any of the email aliases of the account.
This change affects only login to the website. For any Git operations via HTTPS (clone, pull, push) or when making API calls, you will still need to use your Bitbucket username.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Kind regards,Theodora
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.