I'd like to remove certain fields (priority, components, labels and Resolution) of the 'Details' section but I'm struggling to understand how to do this.
Details.PNG
I've gone into Project Administration > Fields and can see Components, but I cannot find any way to remove this (or any other) from the Details section.
Fields Screen.PNG
Please help!
Hi Nic, can you elaborate please?
The reasons why I've removed the 'Resolution' field are:
For anything that is not 'Closed', but we are unable to progress, we will place 'On-hold'. Is there anything else I'm missing here?
Hi Nathan,
You cannot delete system fields like the one's referred above, rather you can edit the field configuration of the Project (Assuming this field configuration is not being shared by other projects. Because, changing shared schemes will affect other projects), make the system fields hidden and you will not see them on screens.
Regards
Chander
Take Component off all of the "View" screens you want to remove it from. Project ISD uses X screen/s, click on the 22 screens beside Component and untick all of the screens related to Project ISD.
Hi Lisa, I tried selecting the 22 as you've suggested but it didn't give me the option to remove any of the screens. However, I've since resolved the issue by hiding the fields within Field Configuration. Thanks for your help though.
Thanks Chander. I've hidden the fields and they no longer appear.
You will want to undo that change for Resolution - you need it.
JIRA, and many of the add-ons *rely* on resolution to tell you whether an issue is "done" or not. Even if you don't ask the users for it, you really need to set and clear it, or all the "issues closed" type reporting stops dead (because everything is open) There's nothing wrong with your Closed/On-hold approach, that's perfectly fine. But unless you set a resolution, those status are "unresolved" and will be reported as open.
Thanks Nic. I shall certainly re-evaluate the use of the 'Resolution' field based on your comments.
Just one further question, when it comes to reporting on end to end times within JIRA Service Desk, is it best practice report between 'Ticket Creation' and 'Resolved Time', or 'Ticket Creation and 'Closed Time'? In the 'Queues' section I can find a column for 'Resolved Time', which makes me believe that 'Ticket Creation' to 'Resolved Time' is easily reportable, but I'm struggling to find anything for 'Closed Time'.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.