Hi Community!,
I'm creating a request form for the incident issue type in ITSM and would like to add a custom field with closed but large list of single choice options. System allows me to input it manually. But I have more than 100 options and I expect the list will grow so I would like to have easy way to update it in bulk (e.g. from CSV file or through link to a separate Jira project).
Any ideas how to do it?
Thanks
Hi @[deleted],
this can be done with a CSV import : you would need to import dummy issues, where each issue would have a value from your field list. You'll then be able to import the CSV and map the column with your values to your custom field. It would look like this :
Summary,MyListTest1,Option1Test2,Option2...TestN,OptionN
You can then perform a CSV import on a test project, and after all values are imported delete the dummy issues.
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
Thanks, that one solution I have already found. The question is how to keep the list updated, if I expect it to grow quicky?
I see only manual updates for now.
Manual updates are with some likeliness needed in the long-run. From my understanding if you need to add/change/delete values that often some users connect to an external database (or similar solution) where the logic you ask for is kinda "outsourced".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.