Dear Community,
I am new to Jira and trying to set it up to work with AD.
So far I managed to correctly configure authentication, but the issue I have is with AD containers:
Jira DOES NOT see the objects in sub-containers, and only can SEE the "Users" container in the root directory.
I want Jira to get the list of users from:
Root > Container A > Container B > Users
And get the list of groups from:
Root > Container C > Container D > Groups \ Jira Users
Root > Container C > Container D > Groups \ Jira Admins
"Jira Users" and "Jira Admins" are security groups.
THEN, after users and security groups are synced successfully, I want to manage users and admins through AD only - is it possible? (by adding users to respective security groups, so that users in "Jira Users" will have access to Jira as users, and users in "Jira Admins" will have access to Jira as admins.
I have checked many community posts, but as I am not good at certain AD terms, I would really appreciate if you can send a screenshot of your solution. AD and Jira.
Thank you a lot in advance!
Aziz