Not the first time I thought that I should develop my own plugin instead of the built in macros or embedded "<html>" code over the last 10 years...
I download the SDK and try to follow the instructions - the project builds, but the plugin fails to load for some reason.
Then I download any of the examples provided in the SDK instructions - these also fail to start...
After trying some other versions of the SDK I give up and try on my Linux computer - they also fail.
Then I wait a few years and try again... This time fails with some other error...
This time I thought I'd ask the question to the community.
environment:
C:\atlas-version
ATLAS Version: 8.2.6
ATLAS Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4
AMPS Version: 8.1.0
--------
[INFO] Project POM found
Executing: "C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\mvn.cmd" --version -gs C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml
Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-17T20:33:14+02:00)
Maven home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\..
Java version: 1.8.0_282, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK, runtime: C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.282.8-hotspot\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
...
atlasrun:
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] apr 02, 2021 6:24:33 EM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig processAnnotationsJar
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry [javassist/bytecode/FieldInfo.class] from Jar [jar:file:/C:/src/java/Atlassian/myconfluencemacro/target/container/tomcat8x/cargo-confluence-home/webapps/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/javassist-3.20.0-GA.jar!/] for annotations
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Expected class `CONSTANT_Utf8' at index 7 and got [9]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ConstantPool.getConstant(ConstantPool.java:207)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.Attribute.readAttribute(Attribute.java:83)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FieldOrMethod.<init>(FieldOrMethod.java:76)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassParser.readMethods(ClassParser.java:226)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassParser.parse(ClassParser.java:101)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsStream(ContextConfig.java:1987)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsJar(ContextConfig.java:1940)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(ContextConfig.java:1915)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotations(ContextConfig.java:1876)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1145)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:767)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:302)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5083)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:714)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:919)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1704)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
[INFO] [tallContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)