I have a scrum board but the team is complaining that they cannot easily see the subtask estimate and have to click around to find it which is a good complaint. I have jira server so I can quickly modify system level configurations.
I found a previous article (scroll down to Foong's response) that stated I can accomplish this by updating the advanced settings and adding the display column of timeoriginalestimate.
I did that by using the gear > System > Advanced Settings and updating jira.table.cols.subtasks to include timeoriginalestimate.

Now when I go to a single ticket with subtasks I can see the estimate.

But when I go to my Scrum Board and click on the same issue in my backlog and look at the issue detail view it does not display.

The strange thing is that it was sporadically working when I first tried it but it has stopped though as we can see in the images it is working on a single ticket when you got into the full view.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.