I have a scenario where I want to run an automation rule based on a transition... the status doesn't change so I am trying to access transition properties to identify the transition the user clicked. How can I do this?
Hi @Layton Everson
Interesting question. For self transitions (I guess that's what you have) you can configure a rule to trigger on Transition where from and to status are same. Jira's issue history will still have this information which you are access using this smart value.
{{changelog}}
This will give you something like this.
{status=[ChangeItemBean{field='status', fieldType='null', from='3', fromString='In Progress', to='3', toString='In Progress'}]}
I hope it helps. Let me know if that's what you were looking for.
Ravi
Is there a way to see the output of {{changelog}} ?
Just use it in the comment or log. I shared above the output of {{changelog}}
And you are saying that the change log will contain the transition properties? I'll check it out.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.