I am using the product requirements template in Confluence to create the requirements for the project. I have the requirements in the table which I used Confluence formatting (from the selectable options at the top of the page) to make information within a specific requirement bulleted or numbered. I also have some rows in the table that don't have bullets/numbering but bold or italics on select text instead.
When I use the jira feature to "create issues from table" the text is imported to the jira description field as running text. All formatting is removed requiring me to then need to edit each requirement individually to make it "readable" if the description contains more than one sentence. All bold/italics is also removed.
Is there a way to get the formatting to import from Confluence to Jira during the jira ticket creation? It seems very old school and backwards that Atlassian does not keep formatting when using a feature within one product to send the data to another product however I have not been able to find any documentation regarding getting the formatting to maintain from Confluence to Jira.