Hello,
There is a plethora of tickets solving the issue where: Person A creates a ticket, operator responds, person A cc's person B, and person B's response creates a new ticket. This is similar, although not identical, to my issue. I have solved that issue and now a CC adds a request participant, and the comment is posted correctly.
My use case is that tickets are assigned to an Office Email group. When an operator reaches out to that email group, any of the group members may reply, none of which are participants on the ticket. Because of this, it will create a new ticket.
My permissions for comments are to allow anyone to comment on an issue, but still it creates new tickets:
The tickets will have the correct issue key in the title (OP-123 as an example) but will create a new ticket (OP-124 in this case). How can I resolve this? I suppose what I want is for anyone to be able to comment on any issue, not only request participants. Is this possible?