When users are Signing up to use our Jira Service Management . The link button that is provided in the notification to "finish signing up" take use to a page with error message broken link. Does anyone know how to fixe this?
Hello @Wendy Sachen,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to confirm if you are talking about the notification when a customer wants to create an account on the portal or when a user wants to create an account on the site (licensed agent).
I tested on my local site and I believe it’s related to the customer portal, but I wasn’t able to replicate the issue:
Is it happening to all new customers?
Can you ask them to test using incognito mode?
Is it happening if you invite them to the portal instead of them creating the account?
Kind regards,Angélica
Angélica - Is is happening to all new. We have tried both ways via the portal and an invite. If we paste the link to an incognito window we still get the broken link. This is the hyperlink attached to the email.
Thank you for the details, Wendy.
Are they all using the same email provider?
Some email providers may modify the URL and cause a broken link.
Can you please check if the link looks like the one below?
https://xxxxxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/user/complete-signup?jwt=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJxc2giOiJjYzczNjQ0YTcwMTJlYWIyYjgzZTEwNWZmZDVjZWJ…
Progress and findings. I am a rookie with Atlassian administration, I do appreciate your patience. I am also picking up were someone else left off with many unknowns that I am uncovering.
Findings: When the Jira Service Management (JSM) permissions (from Administrator Page > User Management, for our Domain), looks like customers were added here, 'Has access on site' Role is a 'Basic' User, with no projects (all toggled to never use). The same user was added to the Customer project within Jira Service Management > Projects > theProject > Settings > Customers. These users are the ones getting the broken link.
If remove the customer from the Administrator > Users database, (which also deleted them from the Project unfortunately), Add Customer, which resends the register email request, the user can now register successfully.
My first test was temporarily giving that customer Jira Service Management permissions to the Jira Service Management project, she was then able to register and open a ticket; that is how I knew it was a config issue.
Do you concur that customers should only be Customer's for JSM project and not part of the Atlassian User Group; Atlassian Users is for Agents and Admins?
My plan is to clean up the Atlassian Users table (remove the customers) and add them directly to the JSM Project as Customers which will send out the email notification to register.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.