Hi,
my current customer is by far not happy the way JIRA handles the assignee field. So I'm hoping one of you can help me out...
1. Has anyone achieved to get rid of the "automatic" pre-poplulation of the assignee field? Iwould need it to be either empty or prepopulated with the current user. I've achieved prepopulating a custom user picker with the current user but adapting this script (behaviours plugin) to the assignee field won't work . Using a post-function won't work either since the user should be offered the possibility to select another assignee upon issue creation.
That was my script:
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
FormField formAG = getFieldByName("Auftraggeber")
currUser = ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser()
currUserName = currUser.getName()
if(!formAG.getFormValue()){
formAG.setFormValue(currUserName)
}
2.Is there anyway to get rid of the assign to me link right next to the field on my screen? I don't see any ponit in removing this feature, but anyway my customer wants this to be evaluated... Deactivation the issue operation "Assign to me" doesn't do the trick.
The first question is by far more important to me... (and my customer). Any ideas are being appreciated.