I cannot work out how to set up "Automation" for customer notifications that will trigger an email to the Reporter when a linked issue is created for their Service Desk request.
Scenario:
Service Desk Automation
Please help
x
Good morning, first of all I don't know if in this case the customer who creates the tickets in the jira service management portal is a user with a jira license.
Customers do not consume jira licenses so they cannot usually be internal project ticket reporters since this is only for licensed users. The internal notifications of jira are not sent to these types of users.What can be done is to generate a custom field of text type that when a linked ticket is created copies the name of the SD reporter in the internal ticket for informational purposes and the same rule triggers the email to the user as a customer notification.
All of this is possible with the new automation engine from Jira project automation.
Thank you for your reply.Our Customers who submit tickets are listed as the "Reporter" in the service desk ticket, and then when we link the ticket we allocate them as the Reporter as well. I would expect that they receive an email when allocated the Reporter, or when the Service Desk ticket has a linked issue attributed to it.
Our company is running an older version of Service Desk so I don't see the screens you present. I have attached what I see, just can't work out what conditions/settings
Hi @Shakthi Oke , just calling out a thing that's tripped many people up: the Automation you see in JSD Server is not the same as the Jira Automation engine shown by Juan. On the Server side of things, the Automation shown by Juan is provided by the Automation for Jira - Server app or its free variant Automation for Jira - Server Lite . This automation engine replaces the older JSD Automation feature in Jira Cloud, but you'll need to install one of these two apps in Server if you want to use some of the new triggers and features shown in Juan's screenshot. This would be the easiest route, as the Issue linked trigger shown in Juan's screenshot fits your needs perfectly.
Hi @Daniel Eads Thank you for providing this reply, very helpful. I'll take it up with our corp Administrators to see if they can install this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.