I created an app password in bitbucket, and then called the app password. I used http basic authentication to call the rest api of bitbucket, and it kept returning unauthenticated.
I have solved it, just remove the request body, a strange error message
Hi @Miao Miao Li ,
When you create an app password, you select specific permissions for it. One possibility is that the app password does not have enough permissions for the endpoint you are using. E.g. if you're trying to read pull requests via API and the app password does not have permissions to read pull requests, then the request will fail.
Since it is not possible to view the permissions of an existing app password, I would suggest creating a new one, double check that it has appropriate permissions for the API endpoint(s) you want to use, and then make a new call with the new app password and see if it works.
If you're still having issues, please let me know:1. the exact API call you are making (please feel free to replace the actual workspace-id and the repo name in the URL when you paste it here, with something like <workspace-id> and <repo-name>)2. what is the exact response you are receiving when you make the call
so I can better help you.
Kind regards,Theodora
When I generated the app password, I checked all the permissions. When I call the api, it still returns 401. The api I called is this https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/ncs-nxp?page=1
I tried to replace ncs-nxp with workspace-id, but it still doesn’t work
I can use the same account to correctly access the api I just posted after logging in to bitbucket in the browser
header.put("Content-Type","application/json");String auth="email:apppassword";header.put("Authorization","Basic "+base64(auth));
This is the code I used for authorization
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.