I just received this from Atlassian:
| Classic projects will be named company-managed projects and next-gen projects will be named team-managed projects. We heard your feedback that the classic and next-gen names were confusing, so we've chosen new ones that are more clear and descriptive. We will continue to invest and innovate both team-managed and company-managed projects. |
| |
My question for the forum users:
How many of you were confused and requested this change?
I have documentation that refers to these terms. I now have to go in and change my documentation for terms that are confusing to me right out of the gate. Next-gen projects are horrible. Calling them team-managed projects looks more attractive to an inexperienced user. They are likely to select this option and negatively impact my classic environment. Might be what Atlassian wants to happen but I guarantee these name changes aren't going to help my user base.