We're using Jira Service Management and Jira Software and are trying to get the two integrated with each other so that we can link issues in JSM to tickets in Jira Software. When we try to create a link in an issue or service request in JSM we do not see any of the tickets in Jira Software to link to. Is there some sort of configuration or permissions that need to be setup?
In order to link between JSM and JSW as a user you need to have access to both. If you only have a JSM license you will not be able to see any JSW issues.
I do have access to both systems and we have a license for Jira Software, we're using the free version of JSM at the moment
Are they both the same Jira, or two separate instances?
I believe so, how can I tell?
What base urls do you use for them? I don't need to know, just whether they're the same or not. For example, if you get to JSW on jsw.atlassian.net/xxxxx and JSM on jsm.atlassian.net/xxxxxx, they are separate instances.
If they're both on yourdomain.atlassian.net, then they're on the same system, and the "integration" is already there.
looks like they are different
Hi Danial , Do you find the way to integrate jsm and jsm?
Hi @Daniel Roig just came across your question!I hope you have found a solution for your problem. If not, I'd suggestion using a tool like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira that could help you sync your JSM tickets with Jira software. Backbone will link, copy, and synchronize Jira issues and comments across Jira instances and automatically update every change to keep all teams up to speed in real-time.Please visit the page linked above or simply schedule a demo call with us to see how Backbone can help you sync JSM with Jira software.
@Kritsana Loaboonsup_Yahoo_ I saw that you were also looking for a solution to connect JSM with another JSM project.As I mentioned to Daniel as well, I'd suggestion using a tool like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira that could help you sync your JSM tickets with any Jira product, including Jira Software, JSM, or JSW.When a customer sends a request via JSM, the support team can use Backbone Issue Sync or Jira to send the Jira ticket directly to the other Jira project in real-time. Backbone will also auto sync all comments made (possible in both directions).Please visit the page linked above or simply schedule a demo call with us to see how Backbone can help you sync JSM with other Jira projects.
Hi @Daniel Roig
This is Majid @ Exalate.
It seems like you are trying to sync issues between a JSM instance and a JSW instance i.e. 2 different Jira instances. Have you considered a third party integration solution to fully synchronize your Jira instances bidirectionally? If not, I would urge you to look at Exalate where you will be able to set up this integration in a matter of minutes and customize it as per your requirements.
Please feel free to book a customized demo if you would like to see the product in action.
Thanks
Majid
@Daniel Roig hello. Along with the rest of the propositions, you can also explore ZigiOps. It's an out-of-the-box integration platform. Does not need additional coding and can be customized to fit various use cases. It can help you connect the two jira instances bi-directionally, sync them (to keep them up to date in real time) and transfer the data you want ( issues in JSM to tickets in Jira Software). Check it out and if you think that it might be useful, you can book a demo to see it in action.
Regards (Diana, ZigiWave)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.