Customers at present log tickets via email or the portal.How do I turn off email so that the customer is forced to use the portal to log tickets?
Go to the project settings and look for the portals "channels", one of these is the email channel, if you go into there you can turn it off, or change the email address so that your users would be sending to an unused email.
I would strongly recommend warning all your email users that you are going to turn it off and require portal usage.
If you truly want to prevent email creation that has been operational before I would do the following:
also consider that once disabled you will have no redundancy. if the portal is down or otherwise inaccessible they customer can't open a request. Hopefully you provide support by phone too.
Hi,I can't find "channels"I have Project Settings and then Portal SettingsSee the images attached.
Thanks Jack. This is good to know.However to be honest I am pretty sure the uptime for Jira Service Desk is very high so potentially I could take the risk. However I will think about this.We have phone support but trying to eliminate that. Now a days a lot of customer prefer logging via the portal.
BANG...BANG...BANG....
me hitting my head on the table observing latest changes to Cloud....
So it appears that "Channels" has disappeard and the three options are simply brough to the 'root' project settings level. Just click on "Email requests"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.