Because theres no abuse or report page ...
Got plenty of SPAM from:
jira@ndu3f.atlassian.net
jira@b89jfh.atlassian.net
jira@rdydsysfgyhdfg.atlassian.net
jira@kjjhhg.atlassian.net
jira@h84hbnf.atlassian.net
jira@ndf8j4fgg.atlassian.net
jira@nmf98jr.atlassian.net
(just a few examples)
Um, this report actually looks like spam itself, as there's a link to a website behind all the emails. I guess that that is an artefact of where you copied the addresses from.
The list is all email addresses that would have come from Cloud Jira systems where you have been added as a user, or someone has used a 3rd party app to send emails from them.
This is not really something Atlassian could deal with - someone has set up all those systems and then used them (or allowed them to be used) for spam. Technically, you should be getting in touch with the administrators to ask them to remove you from their system, but if they're malicious spammers, that's actually the worst thing you could do (confirms there's a human on the end of your email so you'll actually get even more)
I do know Atlassian has a problem with spam accounts - in order to create an Atlassian Cloud system, you have to have an Atlassian account (same as you do to post here) and it's clear from the amount of spam the Community gets posted that it is too easy to create a throwaway Atlassian account which you can then use for spam, I didn't know the bots were also capable of commissioning entire Cloud systems to do more spam!
I'll get some Atlassians to have a look at this for you, I think it's important for them to see the general problem as well as doing something about the specific Cloud Jiras that have spammed you.
Hi @rolecan , welcome to the Community!
We're currently investigating some sites that have been abusing our platform to send emails related to a bitcoin scam. 5 of the 7 sites you listed are known to us already (as well as more) - if you are willing to list any additional sites, I can ensure we are taking action against them.
As for the cause of this spam, unfortunately we are still working through the technical details on blocking this type of abuse of Jira. The send email functionality is critical to Jira's functionality. We do have some limits in place regarding the number of emails a new site can send, but as you've seen, this attack has defeated that mechanism by simply spinning up a number of sites at once. We shut these sites down when they are known - example above, we've taken action against 5 you've listed already but your report helped identify another 2. We're also working on the mechanisms needed to detect this type of email before it leaves a Jira Cloud site. Again, if you are willing, please continue reporting these sites - and thank you for the ones you have reported already.
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
Hello,
I also would like to report some mail addresses from which we got a lot of spam mails. It would be great if you could block them as well:
jira@zamata.atlassian.netjira@antropo.atlassian.netjira@s3dsf.atlassian.netjira@az3s.atlassian.netjira@c5f.atlassian.netjira@x4fd.atlassian.netjira@nbtc2.atlassian.netjira@ssc5.atlassian.netjira@ccx3.atlassian.netjira@oo9sd.atlassian.netjira@dd7s.atlassian.netjira@l9omn.atlassian.netjira@v6hj.atlassian.netjira@s3dd.atlassian.netjira@btcweek.atlassian.netjira@8jnmf.atlassian.netjira@g4hj.atlassian.netjira@v6ikdf.atlassian.netjira@n8djf.atlassian.netjira@g54h.atlassian.netjira@hnd8nf.atlassian.netjira@nd8hnd.atlassian.net
Thanks & Cheers,Nina
At a glance, the couple of those I've just tried are "unavailable", which makes me think Atlassian have already caught them and killed off the spam systems, so you shouldn't get any more.
Hi @Nina Eickeler , welcome to the Community!
We've flagged these sites for takedown. Thanks for reporting - this helps us get them out of your way and points at some cases to help improve our anti-abuse capabilities.
We would like to report more email addresses from which we got a lot of spam the last weeks:
jira@ffd5.atlassian.netjira@ddcx.atlassian.netjira@4dx.atlassian.netjira@nrf8uj.atlassian.net
Thank you for taking care of them.
Best regards,Nina
Hi @Nina Eickeler , thank you for this report!
Our anti-abuse team has already suspended two of these sites, and I've started the process on the other two.
Still happening!
jira@sfjfkgkjjhrg.atlassian.net
jira@sdghadgsd.atlassian.net
jira@sfdbdffgd.atlassian.net
............
Now coming in every day. I am about to blacklist all emails from atlassian and only whitelist those really needed
Anything being done about that ?
Thanks
Hi @portalzine , thanks for this report.
We've started the process to investigate and suspend these sites. Reporting helps terminate sites that violate our terms of service and are being used for mail spam faster, and improves our detection of these instances. Thanks for taking the extra time to mention which email addresses you received spam from.
Please stop sending me emails!
I really don't care to hear about new Jira features, etc... not at the rate your spamming me with in-product popups, notifications and emails.
This conversation is nothing to do with the Atlassian mail-outs you have signed up for.
Go to https://preferences.atlassian.com/main and log in, you may need to click on "email preferences". This page allows you to unsubscribe yourself from the mail you signed up for before.
There is an "unsubscribe all" at the top you might find useful.
Hi,
actually I got spam from jira@balimaakyahabibi.atlassian.net
I'm not able to adress a support request so I try to adress this issue here, hopefully you can help.
Spam is annouced as shopping voucher from LIDL.
Anybody in the same situation?
Best regards Christian
Thanks for reporting that subdomain @Christian Seuß (Customer) I will report this to our anti-abuse team for further investigation.
Hi Jira support team,
We are also encountering SPAM from a variety of your subdomains, including
Since you have been made aware of this issue in March this year and it still persists, I would like to know how you are planning on mitigating the issue and a time frame when we can expect it to be solved.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kind regards
Maximilian Dietrich | IT system administrator | SAXOPRINT GmbH
Hi @Maximilian Dietrich ,
Thank you for reporting these sites. One of the three you mentioned has already been disabled by our anti-abuse team. Based on your report, we've marked the other two for takedown.
Some information about the steps we're taking to reduce this type of email abuse is in previous replies. For Free sites, we do limit the number of emails that can be sent. Sites generating content like this are often identified automatically, but we do appreciate being notified of any spam emails you get in order to take down the sites and improve our detection capabilities. I have asked our internal anti-abuse team if there is additional information we can share at this time!
Thanks,Daniel Eads | Atlassian Support
Hello, I would like to report the following which has sent me spam via Jirajira@diabetsoluenva.atlassian.net
There's another conversation about these where Atlassian have asked us to send on spam from these dubious sites to https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse (forward the email with full headers, no more information needed)
@jvisc Thanks for reporting it to us. I have flagged this site for investigation by our anti-abuse team.
Another one from todayjira@5fgdf.atlassian.net
A new spam run. Here are headers.Received: by jcsu.edu id b7r55dv3s2i7 for <dREDACTED>; Fri, 11 Mar 2022 09:13:09 -0500 (envelope-from <info@jcsu.edu>)Delivered-To: adinafieste@gmail.comReceived: by 2002:a55:835a:0:b0:14d:e4a5:ad1f with SMTP id 26csp253741egz;Fri, 11 Mar 2022 06:07:52 -0800 (PST)X-Google-Smtp-Source: ABdhPJxF+JX+MvaivX5hsp9xLnENUwTR3r5Fpkm4y9dwC1nDNel/pvW6PK+Xk51nss7lwFJAn4NEX-Received: by 2002:a05:6a00:ad2:b0:4f1:2734:a3d9 with SMTP id c18-20020a056a000ad200b004f12734a3d9mr10061588pfl.61.1647007672352;Fri, 11 Mar 2022 06:07:52 -0800 (PST)ARC-Seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1647007672; cv=none;d=google.com; s=arc-20160816;b=QHXeCHiEe77148RpKr6dKDtkS4/GKCihlxD0BwmfXwzenXYaZp5JryW8jwN2vlqC0oiO8jZJEMnCDyLNmhP6XCfaHGNVQ6KyiTJMnrUgjIPy07tIgM0LaCiWfO37x6LnG9FFGX1qEoD/v2P7Z9LUCXqW+fuBiGM5R6OI5stMW30WUEYQtqTVUEfYsHRdXdH9gofv8pFcvVAN3QYZAv6GVA5lzvlvHti3qzh7vY2WEvdwarQgakfj/8Xej/Pkz0JGR9v+AM5huSi+vbpclZB1N75PfJo8vdm7Lcd1eE7qlviI0MjHIxXwyT6A26UAgqoHQe8O4jFRUqIkmuyAlTjSSw==ARC-Message-Signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816;h=mime-version:precedence:auto-submitted:date:delivered-to:atlassianmail-meta-obsolete-id:atlassianmail-meta-transaction-id:message-id:subject:reply-to:from:dkim-signature;bh=tIcHWQWpkow4chmsV8TnTPTTffVngWfhrSc8kEj+Jjg=;b=LqbVCy5xUTML77CR0qMhMwS12ONjRC6kLeVZCPqndbnY6D0WZrF0AXtX/Dthz1DQMdRIwKtNJ5SDT/RFFOtCW8wXYJVFh4pCFoNmwwhZfCHYfoVlLxQkDI/BUEB6W2nZXG3RT1DPgSSQ2UmVJr+wV0/Vq1RxPuaZRU2LF8Upbo/RuBVesqBEyspq+n9EtcgINbKXH0QyGDcyiFjGwXE5JjQz+ruLv2VC+Agv8SdXVWS6wYUIdSlSPoWOYzhYV7EQ5yg8+kktquji8b282W0LQ7LOIK7qArZAEHADeXj5CN00KtBH9bzYvvf3S1FKZLvgEJLDFxCbm2JlxBiha4aEgQ==ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;dkim=pass header.i=@mail-us.atlassian.net header.s=atl201805 header.b=mmRVLaKn;spf=pass (google.com: domain of jira@mail-us.atlassian.net designates 192.174.81.96 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=jira@mail-us.atlassian.net;dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=atlassian.netReturn-Path: <jira@mail-us.atlassian.net>Received: from mta-81-96.sparkpostmail.com (mta-81-96.sparkpostmail.com. [192.174.81.96])by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id q11-20020a170903204b00b00151c6f5d7basi6682346pla.4.2022.03.11.06.07.51for <adinafieste@gmail.com>(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);Fri, 11 Mar 2022 06:07:52 -0800 (PST)Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of jira@mail-us.atlassian.net designates 192.174.81.96 as permitted sender) client-ip=192.174.81.96;Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;dkim=pass header.i=@mail-us.atlassian.net header.s=atl201805 header.b=mmRVLaKn;spf=pass (google.com: domain of jira@mail-us.atlassian.net designates 192.174.81.96 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=jira@mail-us.atlassian.net;dmarc=pass (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=atlassian.netX-MSFBL: z7QGoogk+6Ca04CyT29/aRLp8fAYhuJYiEPxnOj07fk=|eyJzdWJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjoiNCIsInIiOiJhZGluYWZpZXN0ZUBnbWFpbC5jb20iLCJ0ZW5hbnRfaWQiOiJhdGxhc3NpYW51cyIsIm1lc3NhZ2VfaWQiOiI2MjJhYjc1NzJiNjIzODhmNWU0YiIsImN1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjoiMSJ9DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;d=mail-us.atlassian.net; s=atl201805; t=1647007671;i=@mail-us.atlassian.net;bh=tIcHWQWpkow4chmsV8TnTPTTffVngWfhrSc8kEj+Jjg=;h=From:Subject:Message-ID:Date:Content-Type;b=mmRVLaKn7MkLXB1d1se61oNoT2u2BYD7JmPuMXkVQ6578r4pSAsZUClU8DMNtKe/6cJBsE/jptYw7oE8fEdizlX0ljq2fyciHN5jTWMrRGB1/eD5/7D5bOe27lPkt6yxpAu+3vVd9FJknjmH16zZymT7mzZBZuQKv5TvlQJomKM=From: "NFT daily" <jira@5fgdf.atlassian.net>Reply-To: <jira@5fgdf.atlassian.net>Subject: [JIRA] This is your time! Seize the moment and get on board with NFTsMessage-ID: <2028006580.31.1647007670848@ef6c7e00f855>AtlassianMail-Meta-Transaction-ID: 01FXWMX8TJW3MDE1JV30K1DDHVAtlassianMail-Meta-Obsolete-ID: 01FXWMX8TJW3MDE1JV30K1DDHVX-Atl-Queueid: DABB11C6-8D58-4503-A195-710B2162F3E1Delivered-To: adinafieste@b89a1cf3f383Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:07:49 +0000 (UTC)Received: from ef6c7e00f855 (ef6c7e00f855 [10.106.86.104]) by gmail.com with SMTP id f3426ea4b4854361866e002cfcbc5d8b@gmail.com; Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:07:51 +0000X-Atl-Mail-Meta: cloud_id="8d59a599-86de-48bb-912b-57f0c68fe5c8",product="jira",tenant="https://5fgdf.atlassian.net",fe="jira@5fgdf.atlassian.net"Auto-Submitted: auto-generatedPrecedence: bulkX-Jira-Fingerprint: c9a0f0436f04a573b2ad3db8d2f22217MIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: multipart/mixed;boundary=enmime-4f64d24e-8646-4f87-a199-b001e4e9600f
Thanks for reporting it. I have filed it with our anti-abuse team to review. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is there a better way to report these in the future?
In another thread on the same topic, the last suggestion was to simply forward any spam email (with as much of the email header detail as you can include easily, and no need to comment or complain) to https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse
I think that's still the case, but Andy will correct me if it's changed recently!
Got some spam today from:
confluence@l5619yfoy68dpqj.atlassian.net
confluence@nqrz4ylkvuhkbl4.atlassian.net
confluence@1tzavs7b7g5fr85.atlassian.net
confluence@vnjovc6wjnovzvq.atlassian.net
confluence@s2mpvk2t3lsb5ue.atlassian.net
Thanks for flagging this. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks, I will use https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse for reporting malicious sites going forward.
Constant spam from
<jira@lv3dneekcdv.atlassian.net>
Thanks for reporting it. I have informed our anti-abuse team.
Here is an example.
Here's what Admin and your team are using to work seamlessly and accomplish more, together:
Project and issue tracking
Cheers,The Atlassians
Hi @Chris Brown Thanks for reporting this. I can confirm that this site has been suspended for violating our terms of service.
In the future, should you receiving these kinds of invitations, I recommend the abuse team at https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse. You can also post here to Community, but this typically takes us longer to identify and respond to these.
Add another one:
jira@zzrlcecdc5hgot14oemb.atlassian.net
```
Thanks for the report, I have raised this with our anti-abuse team for further review.
@Heather Mullins
Sorry to hear this happened. I have reported this particular site to my anti-abuse team. I expect they will take down this account today based on this information. Thank you for reporting this,
Andy
I've recently started to receiving these as well!
Thank you for reporting these to us. I have reported these sites in your screenshots, and more that I found that sent spam to your account. Our abuse team will review and deactivate these accounts.
You are also able to our abuse team at https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse, however our team cannot typically reply directly to those messages. That information can still be useful to them.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you, Andy! No apology is needed I will report any to the email address you provided going forward! Have a great day!
jira@3ll1ktb.atlassian.net
Hi , we got a spam from
https://9x251s2.atlassian.net/jira/servicedesk/projects/E8L0F2U/
https://9x251s2.atlassian.net/
@keyan_kaka Thanks for reporting it to us. I have created report for my abuse team to review this site. In the future you can also forward any message you receive directly to https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse and our team can process it that way. Please note that we are not able to reply to any messages sent to that address, but this is an alternative way to report it to us.
I just received spam messages from project VAAU7CO-1, sent from jira@7vd42bg.atlassian.net. These sites can be of course shut down but I think it will not remove the root cause. It seems that anyone can set up a Jira project site and then send invitations to any email addresses from there. I understand that it is hard to prevent this. But why are the spammers able to at-mention me on their project tickets even though I don't even have an Atlassian account for my private email address that was targeted? Why are these mentions sent to me as email notifications? You should definitely ask for consent (opt-in) before sending notifications about mentions.
It will just be a never-ending chase of shutting down the spammy project sites until this loophole is blocked.
I'm afraid there's not a lot else that can be done.
The problem is not directly that sites can be set up, but that anyone can create an account with which they can then create sites and set up spam.
We have the same problem here in the community - spammers set up accounts and can immediately post their spam here.
The problem is that there's no real way Atlassian could verify that new accounts will not be malicious.
t5o9tj3p.atlassian.net is a spam instance, too
Thanks for reporting it, I'm flagging this to the anti-abuse team for review.
Thanks Andy.
I just got invited to another spam instance, but I can’t see the domain name because I don't want to accept it.
@bgeron Please contact our abuse team at https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse
This will notify our abuse team, no need to accept the invite. You will not receive any response from the abuse team, but this will notify them and give them the ability to investigate the site in more depth to be able to suspend it.
So you guys are telling me it's been 4yrs that y'all have known about this issue, 2yrs since I posted about it, and I am still receiving these emails from you guys!
This is borderline harassment at this point..I should have hired an attorney 2yrs ago and sued your asses off!
This is ridiculous!!
I am still having this issue!
Still having this issue!!
Hi @Amanda Keeney
The screenshots you posted here aren't technically spam. You are receiving those because you appear to have joined the "New to Jira Service Management" group. You can turn this off by going to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/New-to-Jira-Service-Management/gh-p/newtojsm
and then clicking the unwatch button. Otherwise you would get a notification for all the activity in that group.
That said I can see your account was sent other spam from a cloud site recently. I will respond on your other thread about that in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/New-to-Jira-Service-Management/Fraudulent-BTC-emails/td-p/2942588 as well.
There is something that can be done: double opt in. Only email addresses that are accepted to receive emails should receive any further emails.
That can lead to a bunch of double opt in request but not spam. That can be filtered easily.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.