Hello Team,
I need assistance here.
Based on my past question asked here, it is possible to add 2 teams in the same service project.
The other team/teams can create their own issue types which can have their own screens, workflows, and SLA's while remaining in the existing project. That way all of the tickets would together in one place.
However, I would like to make an informed decision based on the following:
The existing dev team in the project would not like their configurations changed or messed up with. They have been using the configurations and it works well for them. I will be using (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219994/external-data-for-jira-fields?hosting=cloud&tab=pricing) to link assets to Jira from an inventory system called OCS which will carry more than 20k tablets and laptops.
As a new Jira admin, I would like to maintain sanity of the existing configurations as well as bring the new team into jira in a simpler manner.
I would like the pros and cons of remaining in the same project and creating another so that I can advise my manager accordingly.