This is similar to, but not quite the same as REST API for Submitting Bugs.
I have a server-side application that can detect an issue that requires human intervention and want to have it submit a support request automatically. This server-side application would not be showing a web browser in this case, and it needs to submit this request to our service management instace so that our client also has visibility into the issue.
Ideally, I could:
- Submit this on behalf of the client customer who can most readily solve the issue; and
- Attach another participating client customer.
I’ve done some searching on this, but have not been able to find a good quick reference. I think I can reverse-engineer a service desk ticket submission form, but I’m not sure whether there are CSRF tokens on those forms or how to obtain one; I can also probably reverse-engineer a JS widget to do the same, but if there’s a reference on how to make this with a fairly simple POST request, it would be ideal.