Hello community!
Please help us with two questions about external access to a Jira Software DC instance.
1. Is it possible to add Users with restricted abilities to Jira Software Data Center, but without spending licenses on them?
Use-case: Invite participants from the customer's team to a designated area (project) with restricted permissions (read-only or read and add comments).
If I understand it correctly this is only possible in Jira Service Management. In Jira Software you can add restricted users, but they will be counted as licensed ones.
But I want to make sure my assumptions are correct.
Also, assuming there is no unlicensed users access, what are the best practices for such use-cases?
I think the easiest is to set up a Trello board and integrate it with the Jira project.
2. Is it possible to open specific project to an external anonymous access?
I.e. anyone with a link can open it and browse Issues in read-only mode.