Hi everyone.I need to be able to get the Active and INACTIVE user account ID using the user account email.At the moment I am able to get ACTIVE users id by hitting the endpoint:https://<my domain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/user/search?query=user.email@mydomain.com.Unfortunately, this endpoint does not return the ID if the user is INACTIVE.Does anyone know how I can get the user account ID for inactive users?
Hi @Joao Zampa
Welcome to community! While using the search user endpoint, rather than calling one user at a time by defining an email, don't use the query parameter. Instead use the startAt parameter (which searches record by record) and run a loop to call all user and filter the data by "active" status.
"active": false
Then you can grab the users that are returned. However I would say you should filter by "accountType" as you don't want to include app users as well.
Thanks @Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP , I will try to figure out how to use it, one quick question, we have around 40k accounts, do you foresee an issue?
There shouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming the 40k accounts are referring to customer only accounts? Then I would suggest you use the filtering of
"accountType": "customer"
This way you can get only customer only account rather than agent or Jira user account.
Hi @Prince Nyeche - ELFAPP ,So let me explain a bit better what I am trying to do. I want to be able to remove the user from all the groups programmatically and for that, I need the user ID.If the user is active I can find his/her id using the API I mentioned but if I want to find a specific user id, I would have to do one call for each 1k user till I find the user ID I am searching for.If I have to do this for many users, the API calls start to add up.Is there a way to find the user ID for a specific inactive user (Atlassian account not Portal only account) by providing the user's email address?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.