Can SLA be tied to a service category rather than to an Issue type in Jira?
Service category? Please explain.
I have a list of services that I am providing, each service has specific SLAs. I would want to be able to link SLAs to the specific services rather than link SLAs to issue types
How are these services manifested within JSM? SLAs are associated with issues in JSM so if these services can be associated to issues then yes, if not then no.
The services are associated with issue types, however with the JSM instance I am using, there are SLAs already there tied to issue types for a different team in the same department.
I want to add different SLAs for another team in the same department providing different services. These services have different SLAs but same issue types with the existing team. Is this possible?
Hi @Esther Amunga
You can also consider an alternative solution SLA Time and Report (created by my team). It lets you set SLA conditions using any issue field, including issue type or other custom fields (like a service category). This app also allows set SLA for Jira Core, Jira Software issues.
I hope it helps.
This is good, very simple to implement but I have no budget for this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.