Hello all,
I've been playing around with this automation for about two weeks, looked at dozens of posts on this forum, but still can't figure it out so I figured it was time to create my own post. What I'm trying to do is create an automation that transitions the status of a ticket when one of three users is tagged, and then transition again if any of those individuals replies.
For example...
If someone adds a comment and says "Hey @tomsmith, can you take a look at this" the status of the ticket would change to "waiting for response." Then if Tom Smith comments on the ticket saying "Looking at it now" the ticket would change to "in progress"
I'll post the whole automation below, but basically what's happening now is whenever the specific user comments it will satisfy both conditions and go from "waiting for a response" to "in progress" at the same time but I don't know why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
When: Issue commented
Branch rule / related issues
For Current Issue
User condition
If: Initiator is
Tom Smith
Terry Shaw
Cindy Lou
Then: Transition the issue to
In Progress
JQL condition
If: Issue matches JQL
comment ~ "tsmith" OR comment ~ "tshaw" OR comment ~ "clou"
Then: Transition the issue to
Waiting for Response