Jira Software Server application is now missing and uninstallable after upgrade to 8.15 from 8.14. Jira logs complain about GC Allocation Failure.
Any ideas how to get Jira Software installed and working again?
@Joe Lyons
In the past I have seen something similar occur when the server runs out of memory. Can you share your startup logs so we can see what is occurring. Here is a KB about GC errors caused by memory and tuning issues. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-running-out-of-memory-due-to-gc-allocation-race-condition-957122851.html
Thanks for reaching out Brant, here is a screenshot of the memory for jira:
Should I be looking somewhere else as well?
Hi @Joe Lyons,
Which file did you use to perform the upgrade?
For the error, it looks like insufficient heap memory. You might take a look at the previous heap memory allocation and make sure it is the same for now. If yes, increase the heap memory (2GB at one time) and try again.
Thanks,Moga
Hi Moga,
I used the download from From Jira Software download
atlassian-jira-software-8.15.0-x64.bin
Okay, that's the correct file to use. I'm guessing there is something else preventing the Jira Software plugin to be enabled.
The heap memory looks good tho. I don't think you should increase this for now.
Yes, I have restarted several times at this point.
I also hit delete on the Jira Software License under Versions & License with the hopes of just being able to click the Try it for Free button in order to reinstall Jira Software and reapply the license. However the installer will not complete and produces the following error in the atlassian log:
2021-02-16 21:02:32,440-0500 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1 INFO joelyons 1261x384x1 1798l51 ip.address.blanked,127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application' from version '8.15.0' to version '8.15.0'
2021-02-16 21:02:32,451-0500 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1 INFO joelyons 1261x384x1 1798l51 ip.address.blanked,127.0.0.1 /rest/plugins/1.0/ [c.a.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Removed plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application'
2021-02-16 21:02:32,934-0500 UpmScheduler:thread-2 WARN joelyons [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] The request to check for app updates may take longer than expected because 196 apps are installed that could have updates. This may impact the performance of loading the Manage Apps page.
There is a bunch more in the log, but thought this was most pertinent.
As stated before it has nothing to do with the GC but out of memory or CPU which has to do with your hosting environment not having enough memory or CPU for everything else running on the server. What does your hosting environment look like? What is your OS, memory on the server, and CPU on the server? Please take a look at the KB I attached if you have not already as it will provide some troubleshooting information.
I also agree it is a good idea to submit a support ticket with Atlassian. I am assuming that you have an active license since you are installing the latest version, you need an active license to get support. What are you selecting when filling out the ticket?
Ubuntu 16.04 for host OS
12 GB mem
4 Core
System is basically idle.
Postgres DB is on another server
Jira 8.14 was running smoothly without issue.
accept
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.