Hi All,
Could someone please let me know how to make a required field for specific project in JIRA where the project is using a default scheme and they are the old projects so I can't change or create a new scheme for it. I just want one or two fields to be mandatory fields only for one or two specific projects. Thanks.
Hi @Vinay Poosa
You can do this in Field Configuration (which is used by Field Configuration Scheme - there it is associate with the propter Issue Type).
Just toggle the Required hyperlink over to Optional, next to the fields you want:
Then associate the Field Configuration Scheme to the project in question.
HTH,KGM
Thanks @Kristján Geir Mathiesen I'm aware of the process of making the field required. But my requirement is different. I want to make required fields for specific projects in JIRA where the projects are using JIRA default scheme and they are the old projects so I can't change or create a new scheme for it right? I just want one or two fields to be mandatory fields only for one or two specific projects. How do I get rid of JIRA default scheme association with these old projects?
from looking at your explanation the process of designing a new scheme and assigning it to a project is clear to you - what is not clear to us, it seems, is why you claim you can't create a new scheme and assign it to your project(s) to get what you want.We seem to have understood you don't want to change to configuration as your involved project is an "old" one - but to be honest, I do not know how this should stop you.You indeed can refer to the correct information Kristjan gave earlier and then assigne the Field Configuration Scheme to some/all issue types of one or more projects.Please refer to documentation for more information:https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-field-configuration-scheme/Regards,Daniel
@Daniel Ebers hi, your link just redirects to this same page and not to a document.
@Daniel Ebers massive companies don't let employees make their own schemas. There are a handful of schemas set up at the Administrator level for the whole company. So unless you can do something solely at the project level within an existing schema, you're completely stuck.
@Richard Canlas I've updated the link. Thanks for notifying me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.