We are using SonarScanner to scan our .NET Core applications during build. This tool has upgraded its required Node.js version to v10 instead of v9.
ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
ERROR:
The version of node.js (9) you have used to run this analysis is deprecated and we stopped accepting it. Please update to at least node.js 10.
Temporarily you can set the property 'sonar.scanner.force-deprecated-node-version-grace-period' to 'true' to continue using node.js 9
This will only work until Mon Feb 15 08:00:00 UTC 2021, afterwards all scans will fail.
You can find more information here: https://sonarcloud.io/documentation/upcoming/
ERROR:
The SonarScanner did not complete successfully
16:36:18.584 Post-processing failed. Exit code: 1
Here are the commands that run in the pipeline before sonarscanner runs.
apt-get update
apt-get install --yes nodejs
node -v
In the install, here are the final output lines...
Setting up libbrotli1:amd64 (1.0.7-2+deb10u1) ...
Setting up libc-ares2:amd64 (1.14.0-1) ...
Setting up libuv1:amd64 (1.24.1-1) ...
Setting up libnode64:amd64 (10.23.1~dfsg-1~deb10u1) ...
Setting up nodejs-doc (10.23.1~dfsg-1~deb10u1) ...
Setting up nodejs (10.23.1~dfsg-1~deb10u1) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/nodejs to provide /usr/bin/js (js) in auto mode
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10) ...
So I would imagine this means that v10.23.1 should install. But when the version output command is run...
<span>v9.4.0</span><span>node -v<br></span>
Is there something I am missing here that v10.23.1 doesn't get installed?
I will add that I am not a Node.js expert, just using it because SonarScanner needs it.