Good afternoon.
Users from a couple of projects who have a common notification scheme complain that they do not get some notifications (different cases, made user an asigne - and did not receive a message about it, another time one of comment did not come from a several comments under the issue).
I put the notification scheme on another project, tried to reproduce the actions described by users, and all notifications came for me.
There is nothing in the message queue for the tasks mentioned by the users.
I looked in the atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log logs, there are only error messages. I go to Logging and profiling settings and set up- The Outgoing mail debug log is currently turned ON.
So, Debug. There were a lot of logs, but I did not find any information about the cases of non-sending notification for issues that I knew about. I search for the tasks that were complained about, I find a description of the entire dialog with the SMTP server. In thousands of lines - but went away email with notification or not, or why it did not go away - it is not clear.
So, I have a few questions.
1) Are there any settings on the user profile that allow you to somehow influence the sending of notifications (other than the standard ones in the user profile "My Changes: notify me\Do not notify me)?
2) Is it possible to build a logging level for the mail server in jira, so that every email is recorded? That is, in the debag mode, a lot of garbage is written, in the nondebag mode, only errors are written.
In WEB-INF/classes/log4j. properties, there is a standard default "INFO" setting- but it doesn't seem to apply, because only errors are written.
3) Is there any other way to get information about notifications in jira? Can some level of logging be set up in the Logging and profiling setting?
4) Any other ideas on how to solve this problem and what to do.