On a fresh JSD (Jira Service Desk) test project (Enterprise Jira v8.13), how would I set up an automation like this?
- When: Ticket created via incoming email
- If: Sender's email address is "thermometer_555@hellonearth.com"
... and...
Ticket subject contains "alert cleared" - Then:
- Assign ticket to "red team" assignment group
- Set ticket type: "incident"
- Set ticket priority: P6
- Set ticket status: "pending"
- Post a Slack notification to a specific channel (optional)
Please assume there's nothing set up in the project: no users, no automatons - i.e. we're starting from scratch.
Thank you!
P.S. I've poked around automations in the project and see nothing there about email addresses. Perhaps I need to first set up a "user" (requester) identity and then the condition would be "if user is 'thermometer555'" - but then I see nothing in the automation builder that would let me do this - there's only "User Type" but not "User ID":

In Zendesk I'd "tag" the user with a unique tag and then use that tag in an "if" condition. In JSD (or JSM), I don't see a way of doing this.
P.P.S. Spent a lot of time setting up such automations in Zendesk - just need a nudge in the right direction with Jira. Here is how this is normally done in Zendesk:
- A user is created with a unique tag, say "thermometer555"
- A "trigger" (aka event driven automation) is created based on the conditions listed above.