I've went to Settings from the Jira Service Management page. I don't see the options that Atlassian has explained in their 'how-to'. Any help on how to delete a customer would be appreciated since they seem to have made his task more difficult than it needed to be.
The following is for Jira Cloud with the 'enhanced user experience'
Just removing the customer from Project Settings - People didn't make it disappear from the Customers list in my JSM project.
After talking to Support, they gave me this answer which is what worked for me to remove a customer account:
Hi @Zack Niece ,
there are a couple places where you can set (and then delete) a customer :
This should do the trick !
Let me know if this helps,
--Alexis
I'm on the free tier (cloud). When I go to admin.atlassian.com I have to create a group and pay. Do I have to have an atlassian admin account in order to remove customers? That doesn't seem right.
On the project side, I was able to add/remove customers from groups, but I cannot remove the customer from the project. Once removed from the group, the name goes back to the default page.
no you do not. As Alexis indicated, if you have site admin permissions, just go to the User management > JSM page, find the user and revoke access. Don't delete them.
Hi Jack.
After migration from JSD Server to Jira SM Cloud (via Atlassian migration addon) we see all customers in all cloud projects...
There is no option to delete it from project, there are no customers under Project>People....
Your comments are from 2021, mazbe Atlassian changes Jira SM Cloud last year....
thanks this is exactly what I needed.
We have the same problem. After migratiom from JSD Server to JIRA SM Cloud, we see all customers... And we want to delete some old and not active customers.
Thanks, Pieter! You resolved a mystery :-)
Hi!
It deletes from all Portals of JSM, but how to delete from one portal (The user deleted from one portal should be a user from other portal still)?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.