This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring Quick Filters
Currently multiple quick filters impose and AND condition across multiple constraints. Is it possible to change to an OR operator so that you can select multiple different filters that would all justify inclusion.
No, I'm afraid there's no way to do that. It would be nice (although the UI designer I've spoken to about it says it's hard to sensibly show the mode on-screen to avoid "why isn't an and/or" questions from end users)
No, but you can use our plugin The Agile Board FIlter to handle this scenario.
Quick Filters are intended for simple cases. For more complex searches, including OR, use the regular JQL Basic or Advanced search for issues
Sometimes you need additive quick filters, so this intention though understandable can always be challenged I think.
@MattS
JQL directly on the board
I agree with Rohan. A simple filter to show label:red and label:yellow is a great example of something that as a PM I would like very much. Also due:30 and due:overdue would be another one. Guy
Just curious about the comment for quick filters being "intended for simple cases" as some of our users are seeing some weird scenarios. What goes beyond simple and causes quick filters to break?
For example, we have quick filter "A" defined as "Custom Select Field" != "XYZ" and quick filter "B" defined as being "component not in (some.component).
When using quick filter "A" or "B" by themselves, they are fine. However, when using them additively / together, the query doesn't work.
Thanks in advance for your input.
One way you could achieve this is by treating checking the filter as EXCLUDING those items.Then all unchecked things would remain.
I fully agree that this would be a great addition. For me as an user, I love to rely on using quick filters for simple filtering. Simple filtering, in my team's eyes & mine, would also look like this:
Currently, with the AND operator, it only drills down, instead of filtering additively.
We have many such topics which we label conscienciously, but then aren't able to fully utitlize in the quick filters. I also feel very little for creating custom JQL's for each possible combination, nor do I think that creating filters to EXCLUDE is a very charming working.
Perhaps the technical/UI/UX solution isn't that simple, but I disagree with @MattS that the request itself, from the end user perspective, is that complex, and must admit I'm a little shocked that this hasn't been handled in over seven years (many other forum posts also relate to this topic).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.