There are a lot of layers to this one, so please bare with me.
Everything works great up until the point I try to view the text in a JSD Request type field.
- I've got a script saved as a file in the Jira ScriptRunner Script Editor.
- The Script has code to create a dynamic form short text field.
- That field is used to enter the default value for the Description field in a Behaviour.
- I set the mappings to both "(All issue types)" and "(All request types)" for a project, just in case.
Here's what I have for the Behaviour's value that is passed in the short text field, and you can see that the script file has a green dot, so it's good.

When I create an issue as an Agent (ie in regular Jira view), the text I entered for the default value works when I use \\ as a line break.

However, when the same issue type is created as a request through the JSD portal, I get this:

In summary for characters that (should) create new lines:
Works in Agent View:
Does not work in Portal View:
Does not work in Agent View or Portal View:
Is there any character or character combinations I could use to get a new line in a JSD portal request field by setting the default value through a ScriptRunner Behaviour using a dynamic form short text field with a script?
Thank you in advance!
PS I've got these versions:
Jira v8.5.9
JIRA Service Desk Application v4.5.9
ScriptRunner for Jira v6.11.0