I have a next-gen project and I want to make a requirement that when an issue is marked "resolved" that certain fields have to have a value selected (i.e. cannot be empty).
I know how to setup an automation condition for this but the edit issue action would make me have to preselect a value from a dropdown list and this is not relevant. The assignee must select the value when resolving the issue.
I can set a rule in the workflow and have done that requires fields to be completed before the issue is resolved, but is this the only way to do it?
There is also no way to modify my field configurations and schemes and screen schemes in the settings for next-gen projects as far as I can see either.
Any help with how to ensure that an issue transitioned to resolve has a prompt for certain fields to be updated would be much appreciated!
steph