I want to update a Lambda function, without publishing a new version. Is there any way to do this in the aws-lambda-deploy pipe, or will I need to do this without the atlassian pipe?
@Drew Heasman @Francis Poulin welcome to try our new version (0.8.0) with new variable
PUBLISH_FLAG: '--no-publish'.
Hope you' ll find this useful.
Contect us in the case of more questions.
Regards, Galyna
@Drew Heasmanhello!
By default, aws lambda update the latest (look at the first aws example https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/reference/lambda/update-function-code.html#examples).
If you want to manage versions in lambda, this is separate functionality https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/configuration-versions.html , but I think also can be adapted in our pipe.
I think for now you just need to use aws-lambda-deploy pipe with variables, like in the first example of section Examples in our pipe's README https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy/src/master/README.md .
Contact us in the case of more questions
I ended up scripting this instead of using the atlassian pipe so that I could provide the --no-publish flag
So I ended up scripting this instead of using the atlassian pipe so that I could provide the --no-publish flag
@Drew Heasmanglad that you figured that out.
If we support this in the pipe, would it be more handy for you instead of using the script?
We think that this case is quite often
@Halyna Berezovska
This feature would be very useful!
In our case, we'd like to be able to deploy our dev branch on AWS Lambda $LATEST for testing purposes. However, we'd really like to be able not to create a new version each time there an update on dev. Scripting it can be an alternative, but a bit of a pain when you considered that it could be a flag in the bitbucket pipe.
I hope you'll support that in a near future
Cheers
Good news! Thanks for the feedback.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.