I have a standalone Jira Software environment where users are authenticated with SAML SSO plug in which has been working for a few years without issue. I now have a requirement to allow some users access to this environment through Reverse Proxy. I have been trying to set this up without success. I get logged into Jira with username and password in the Reverse Proxy environment, but get returned back to the Reverse Proxy page instead of being presented the Jira dashboard. The login does succeed though.
I have two connectors defined in the server.xml file - basically one using port 443 for the SAML SSO connection and another using port 8443, a proxyName and proxyPort for the Reverse Proxy connection using username and password:
Is this possible with Jira to have these two paths to access Jira?
My Reverse Proxy folks are telling me that I need to add /proj-1 to the end of the URL in order for it to work.
Would this be adding another Context within the Host of the server.xml file OR change the existing one to set the path=/proj-1 and then change the base URL?