I have a custom field that displays a list of client codes. This field is a multi-select field. Using JIRA automation, I want to take each selected client code for that issue and insert that client code as a Label on the same issue.
Hi! You can do this iterating through all of the multi-select values as a list and using advanced field editing to update them.
Here's what I tested putting into Additional fields, where my multi-select field is named "multi":
{ "fields": { "labels": [ {{#issue.multi}}"{{.}}"{{^last}},{{/}}{{/}} ] }}
I'm not sure why I cannot include a screenshot of my rule, but I just got this to work.
Screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zog8u8uEq3sqAmwj6
Thanks Daryl, but I am not seeing the results on my end. I copied this code and placed it in the Additional Fields. The automation runs and says it is successful, but the Label field has not been updated with the Client Code(s) values. Am I missing a step?
Should I update this code to reflect the custom field (Client codes) I want to use as the source?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.