I have a user that is getting a user authentication failure when attempting to clone a repo from Bitbucket in Sourcetree on Windows 10.
The behavior is somewhat weird. On the Remote tab in Sourcetree they can see the repository list, but when they go to clone a repo they get an authentication error. The weird parts are as follows.
If we use a different Bitbucket username/password we can do a clone.
If we skip Sourcetree and use Git on the command line we get the same result. Again using a different Bitbucket username/password works.
I have tried all of the methods I could find online to remove the stored credentials. The authentication tab in Sourcetree, Windows credential Manager, deleting Sourcetree folders, etc. We have also tried multiple versions of Sourcetree, doing uninstalls in between.
It seems that Git is using different credentials not from Sourcetree that are incorrect/corrupted in some way.
Any ideas what else I might be able to try. Don't really want to change the users username or reimage their PC, as they have a lot of other dev tools set up that are working.