I currently want to convert an issue of a task type to a child task and suspend a parent issue through the REST API implementation, but I can't find the relevant interface.
Is this not currently supported by the REST API?I would be very grateful if someone could provide a solution.
I looked for it here:
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.0.2/#api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/subtask-moveSubTasks
Hi @harainye
Please consider using Get Edit Issue Metadata to determine what can/cannot be edited (such as issueType). I do not have server version so I cannot check this one for you.
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.0.2/#api/2/issue-getEditIssueMeta
Best regards,
Bill
The move from BulkEdit on the JIRA platform did what I needed, but I wanted to do it in a REST API way
@Bill Sheboy Thanks a lot.
The result of my attempt is that the parent field does not appear in the meta data returned by the interface(https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.0.2/#api/2/issue-getEditIssueMeta).
Also, when I try to change issueType to subTask, the interface tells me that parent must be specified.
So, my guess is that the REST API approach is not currently supported
That seems correct. Here is a related suggestion for server version, which you may vote for or watch:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68763
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.