Hey eveyrone,
I'm being constantly asked by one of our DevOps managers for a way to help him track stale tickets. Now the issue here is that we have a lot of scripted fields via script runner, and these scripted fields also update other fields on the ticket, they can update every 3 hours, and basically, the Updated Date on a ticket in this project can not be trusted to be accurate.
The scriptrunner scripted fields don't transition an issue or anything like that, but they update field values. So since field values are frequently being updated on these tickets, the Updated Date is no longer accurate of a true, user-made update.
I directed the user to try to try JQL like project = DOS and (issueFunction in lastComment("before -7d")) and (project = DOS and !(status changed after -7d) AND status not in ("Closed", Open))
, however this isnt giving him the full picture like Updated Date used to.
I've also reached out to script runner to see if it's possible to disable firing off an update event on-field updates made by the scripted fields, and while that is possible, that isn't going to work for us.
Do you have any ideas on how we can get better reporting via JQL on issues that truly are stale? I know one issue he has with the JQL I provided, is that he can't sort by which ticket is the oldest, or which ticket hasn't transitioned or been commented in the longest amount of time.
Do you have any other ideas on workarounds? I'm out of ideas on this one.